Vietnamese old streets link to history of Vietnam. Hope that we can discover together these old streets day by day.
Published July 15th 2012
Cooking a fresh meal or baking a delicious cake for your family and friends, often results in pride and happiness.
Baking a cake is not like cooking a pot of soup - we cannot change the taste by simply adding a little sauce or a little bit of salt. Most of the ingredients for a cake must be carefully weighed - but if you have a recipe, you can substitute ingredients and try different flavours.
Try following recipe to make your own apple cake.
5 Granny Smith apples
270 grams of sugar
100ml fresh cream
1 tablespoon of vanilla essence
115 grams of butter
25 grams of baking powder
80 grams of plain flour
1/2 tablespoon of cinnamon powder
Peel apples, cut four corners around the inside to remove the core, and cut apples into thin slices.
- Add butter and cream in a small saucepan. Simmer until the butter is melted.
- Beat the eggs with sugar for about 7 minutes.
- Mix the dry ingredients together - the flour, baking powder and cinnamon powder.
- Mix the butter, cream, eggs with sugar and add the dry ingredients.
- Prepare the baking tin; grease with butter or oil and sprinkle a little flour - this will help you remove the cake from the baking tin.
- Pour the mixture into the baking tin and layer the apples.
- Pre heat the oven at 200 degrees and bake the cake for around one hour or until the cake is golden brown