This is my own take on Almond and Cherry Cupcakes:
For the cupcakes -
75g baking margarine or unsalted butter at room temperature 75g caster sugar (white or natural) 35g self raising flour 5g ground rice (if you have any) 40g ground almonds (or bashed up whole almonds) 2 small eggs or 1 ½ large eggs at room temperature 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp almond essence or mix in a little vanilla essence as well
For the decoration -
3 tbsp seedless raspberry jam
125g icing sugar
Almond flakes or ground almonds
9 non-dyed glace cherries
1. Preheat oven to 190C/375F/GM 5.
2. Line muffin trays with paper muffin cases.
3. Put all cupcake ingredients into large bowl and mix at high speed with electric mixer until light and fluffy (about 4 mins).
4. Spoon the mixture into the paper cases and level the tops with the back of a spoon.
5. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until golden and the top will spring back when pressed lightly with a finger tip.
6. Remove each cupcake from the trays and leave to cool completely.
7. With a small, sharp knife, cut a circle out of the top of each cake. Fill the hole with a teaspoon of jam then replace the cake lid.
For traditional looking tarts make up the icing with a little water and pour on top of each cupcake, add a few almond flakes and place a cherry in the middle.
For more cupcake looking cakes, make a butter cream topping by mixing the icing sugar with a 50g soft butter and a teaspoon of almond flakes. Add a little almond extract or essence for more of a punch.
When you share a recipe it is so much easier to have the ingredient amounts in cups, teaspoons, tablespoons, etc. I am a experienced cook and often can not be bothered trying new recipes where I have to weigh out every ingredient.