Subscribe      List an Event or Business      Invite a Writer      Write for WN      Writers      Other Locations
Home > Brisbane > Comments > Saving Money at Aldi Supermarkets
Your Reply
Optional Image: (jpg or gif)
Your Email:

Security Image:
irahsg
Security Text:
copy text from image above
Highlighted
minimum score: order: subscribe:
I was tokenless, trolley ignorant but under pressure to go to Aldi due to the arrival of our new baby & loss of my income in the process. Once I had overcome my initial wariness & gotten over the unfamilair packaging I realised Aldi was my household's saviour. Shopping takes half the time as I'm not mulling over 2 for one deals or trying to figure out which brand is best or which size is more economical. From an hour & a half at Safeway, I'm in and out of Aldi in 35-40mins. I know what I want, have a quick browse at the freezer items & biscuits & back on the road with toddler, baby & a bootful of shopping that's taken about 40% off my month end grocery bill. We also have a teenager whose demands range from sultanas to nuts, wraps & tuna so I my demographic demands sometimes take their toll on our budget! Cleaning & laundry items are a steal there too if you don't mind cheap washing powder & a choice of 3 fragrances in fabric softeners. That's where our biggest savings has come from so thank you Aldi for opening up in Drysdale as the Surcoast needed it!
by j.c.p (score: 0|6) 4018 days ago
by Nadine Cresswell-Myatt (score: 3), 4004 days ago
Yes I also have a teenager to feed and the savings are terrific. Their icecreams are great, I find.