What are rumballs without the rum and the coconut I hear you ask? Well for our family they are Adults Only Tia Maria Chocolate Balls, an adaptation of a recipe, Chocolate Balls found in my new cookbook - 4 Ingredients Kids. This adults only treat has already been requested for our first family birthday of the year and looks like it will become a firm family favourite not just at Christmas, but also at many of our future family functions.
You will need: 250g packet of arrowroot biscuits 4 tablespoons cocoa 400g can of sweetened condensed milk cup of Tia Maria liqueur Chocolate sprinkles for rolling completed balls in Dinner plate
Large mixing bowl
1) Pour chocolate sprinkles onto a dinner plate and set to one side along with the tray for the finished Adults Only Tia Maria Chocolate balls to go onto.
2) Break arrowroot biscuits into pieces and place into food processor, blending until biscuit pieces become crumbs.
3) Pour biscuit crumbs into a large mixing bowl along with the cocoa, sweetened condensed milk, and Tia Maria. Mix all the ingredients together until combined. From this point it is important to work quickly as I discovered leaving the mixture for too long it gets harder to work with.
4) Scoop up a teaspoon sized amount and roll into a ball before rolling it in the chocolate sprinkles and setting aside on prepared tray.
5) Repeat until all the mixture is rolled and coated in chocolate sprinkles.
6) Place Tia Maria Chocolate Balls into fridge to set.
The beauty of this recipe is that even with the alteration of a few ingredients, it can be made at least a week in advance and be frozen just like the original recipe without losing any of its potency when defrosted.