A lover of theatre, festivals and performing arts.
Published September 21st 2013
Come the holidays or even the weekend, it is a battle to occupy the teenagers of Adelaide. There is only so much shopping and chilling with friends they can do until boredom kicks in. Here is a list of top activities for teens to in Adelaide.
1) Opel Moonlight Cinema is no ordinary cinema! Located at Botanic Garden, Hackney Road, Opel Moonlight Cinema is a gorgeous open-air cinema. It has something for everyone- screening everything from contemporary movies to the classics. The sessions are at night when it is dark so the cinema is only open in the summer. The cinema is a quirky twist on the typical teenage outing and the teens love it!
2) Roller Skating is ridiculous fun and gets the teens out of the house and off the laptop! While the shoes are tacky and it's embarrassing when you don't know how to skate, teens have a blast with their friends. Rinks often play a mix between top 40 music and classics and there are always various games going on such as limbo and races. There are various roller-skating rinks around Adelaide.
(Directory of roller skating rinks around Adelaide.)
3) Hahndorf is a cute town located 20 minutes from Adelaide CBD. It is an ideal place for an outing for teens with their friends. Along the main street are new, chic stores with everything ranging from clothes, jewellery, books, galleries and restaurants. It has various trendy cafes and eateries (Chocolate@No.5 is always a popular one!). Another twist on a popular teen outing, Hahndorf offers something for everyone.
4) Festival Theatre GreenRoom pass is something for the creative teens! It is a youth arts membership that allows members to be involved with various activities at the Festival Theatre. Members get access to workshops with artists, discounted tickets and special events. For the arty teens or those into the performing arts this provides many exciting opportunities.
5) Festivals. After all, Adelaide is the festival state! There is always something on here in Adelaide; festivals are great fun for teens! Throughout the year we have events such as The Fringe, Royal Adelaide Show, OzAsia and WomAdelaide! Check out the link below for festivals coming up in Adelaide.