Subscribe      List an Event or Business      Invite a Writer      Write for WN      Writers      Other Locations
Home > Perth > Comments > Abandoned South Fremantle Power Station
Your Reply
Optional Image: (jpg or gif)
Your Email:

Security Image:
wdownf
Security Text:
copy text from image above
Highlighted
minimum score: order: subscribe:
This is socially irresponsible, dangerous, and directly contravenes occupational health and safety directives. Tom, do you plan on paying the medical bills for the person who has rubble fall on them and can't ever walk again?? I'd suggest not. What about for those who take in asbestos and die of cancer in 10 years time. You paying their chemo costs?? Probably not hey. Think about what information you are putting out there. It is mind-numbully stupid to recommend people enter a heritage listed, abondoned building that is in a state of disrepair for something to do on a weekend.
by Kyale (score: 0|6) 3089 days ago
by holl_ (score: 0), 822 days ago
Hi Satya, they used insulation as lagging on the steam pipes. The old East Perth Station that I worked at over 30 years ago was full of it.
by satya (score: 0), 2622 days ago
Be reasonable, this building was put up in 1956 and places like this are built to last. Why would it contain asbestos? It's a power plant I don't think they're trying to insulate it (why do you think they have so many windows?). And if pieces of concrete were falling off of a prematurely aging building then you would see them on the floor as you enter giving you warning. Just be careful and use your head, things often aren't as dangerous as they seem.
by jorda (score: 0), 2972 days ago
It is mind-numbingly stupid to suggest that anyone else is responsible for one's own safety when they chose to enter such a place.
by Tom (score: 2), 3089 days ago
OH&S is absolutely ruining this world.
by Tom (score: 2), 3089 days ago
Haha, live a little! Been there many many times - as have thousands of others - with no incident. Its safe.