Subscribe      List an Event or Business      Invite a Writer      Write for WN      Writers      Other Locations
Home > Brisbane > Comments > A Day on Moreton Bay
Your Reply
Optional Image: (jpg or gif)
Your Email:

Security Image:
ujbwbi
Security Text:
copy text from image above
Highlighted
minimum score: order: subscribe:
I took your suggestion to do the island hopping on the ferry given you gave such good reviews. Can I please point out that the return fare (without the go card) cost me $19.78!! It is not $10 return. Are you on any special concession fare because I checked with the ferry master and he confirmed the $10 was incorrect. Indeed if you had also indicated go card is acceptable, I would have brought my go card which would have saved me lots. Russell Island was our first stop and the locals indicated its a 8km walk to other end of the island if we want to swim. With no car, it was too far to walk. Taxis are expensive so we caught the ferry within the next half hour to the other islands. it was really a disappointing trip as all the other islands have nothing to offer in terms of swimming. I am an outdoor person but I have to rate this trip as being non-eventful and too expensive just to take a ferry ride with nothing to do on the islands!!
by sgowl (score: 1|10) 2706 days ago
by sgowl (score: 1), 2705 days ago
Can I please point out the $5.35 is the go card off peak fares. Not when you did not use the go card and buy the single adult paper fare that cost $9.70 one way; hence $19.40 return. For interstate visitors, they would not have known that the $5.35 is the go card fare only. Sorry to be pathetic but little information about using the go card makes alot of difference in terms of cost. Thanks.
by Jenny Prior (score: 3), 2706 days ago
A quick search of Translink using their journey planner showed our fares were $5.35.
by Jenny Prior (score: 3), 2706 days ago
Our adult (not concession) fares were $5 and some cents each way.
We found Go Cards very efficient for getting around on all public transport while visiting Qld.
Although most of the small islands listed in this article have swimming enclosures or beaches, if you are looking for a good swimming beach I recommend Stradbroke. (Take your car and catch the vehicle ferry.)
We really enjoyed our day out in the cool breezes of the bay and walking the unexplored territory of the islands. I am sorry to hear it was not your cup of tea.