Freelance writer living on Brisbane's north side. Studied creative industries - currently studying library and information services.
The day is upon us
On September the 5th everything is a cup. Yes, that's right yard glasses, over-sized baby bottles, hollowed-out pineapples, fish bowls, buckets, vases, helmets and Tupperware containers are all cups on the annual 7 Eleven Slurpee BYO Cup Day.
And here's the deal. On 7 Eleven Slurpee BYO Cup Day, you can take your 'cup' to your nearest 7 Eleven and fill it to the brim with a delicious, sweet, brain-freezing(ly) cold Slurpee flavour of your choice for only $2.90. Don't think you read that right? No, you did. $2.90. BOOM.
On this slurp-tastic day, the Slurpee team are looking for the most creative and original 'cups'. Take a photo of your said cup on the 5th of September and upload it to Facebook for your chance to win the trophy for Best Cup of 2012 and a years supply of free slurpees. You could also score a mention for:
1. Best Use of a Household Item 2. So Wrong But So Right 3. Proud As Punch
Now, an awesome day such as this has to have rules to keep the game fair, so here they are:
1. 'Cups' must fit within a specific size limit: 230mm x 260mm. This means that whilst your watering-can may suit, your bathtub will not.
2. The cup has to be watertight. No leakage guys.
3. One cup per person only fair.
4. The cup must be clean of foreign matter. That means if you're using an old paint tin it must have been clean of all paint remnants a loooooong time ago. We don't want people getting sick now.
Most 7 Eleven stores stock four flavours of Slurpee at any one time and usually one of these four is promoted as: Flavour of the Month. Just to get you excited for the big BYO Cup Day, here are some Slurpee flavours that are or have been available:
Lemon Lime Bitters
Fanta Orange Xplosion
So guys, get your thinking caps on because the 5th of September is almost upon us. What do you think would be the best 'cup' to take to your local 7 Eleven on the Slurpee BYO Cup Day? Because for a years supply of slurpees, you'd better get thinking.