With a focus on family ministry, I am always looking to encourage, inspire and support families. Check out my website: www.newchapter.com.au
Published January 30th 2013
Turn school chaos into excitement & fun
Children often start back at school with mixed feelings- the excitement of seeing and playing with their friends, the worry of handling the school work and the concerns of teacher expectations. Parents dread the early morning rush to get ready, to organise lunches and the afternoon battles with homework. Now, you can be super-organised and add some fun and excitement to the school day with these simple ideas.
1. Start with a Back-to-School Checklist. Download and print off this list and cross off each task as you accomplish it. You can find it here from iMom.
2. Avoid the 'night before' panic to complete an overlooked assessment. Download and print a homework calendar for each child complete with Disney characters from Family.com Fill in the school subjects and enter the project and assignment due dates.
3. Kids grow too fast and you need to take a moment to save a memory. Take photos of these special days. Print off these freebies from HowDoesShe.com to create 'first day of school' memories.
4.You could also download the Back-to-School photo checklist from simpleasthatblog.com. It provides some great photo prompts and ideas that won't take forever to set up, wonderful for creating unique photo memories.
5. Now, what about school lunches? Well, kids will really look forward to lunchtime if they have some edible crayons in their packs. They are super easy to prepare and the kids can help. You can find the directions at gourmetmomonthego.com. The instructions use pretzel rods but I found Arnotts Fun Sticks worked just as well. Just dip each end into coloured choc melts and wrap a printed label around each, done.
6. Kids really enjoy stickers, notes or labels in their lunch boxes. You can find plenty of ideas for this. An Australian company, Tinyme.com.au, has some fun, Australian animal cake toppers or labels that also work well for any Australian themed event.
If you want to encourage your kids to eat their fruit and brighten their day, add some tags from AlphaMom.. You are 'pear'-fect! You're the apple of my eye! and more. Or, try some colourful Muppet lunch labels from spoonful.com to print off and include to really make lunch time fun at school.
Some of these simple suggestions will add real colour and excitement to your kids' day, and yours, too.