You want to know five quick ways to spice up your love life?
Suggestions are not gender orientated; both sexes are taken into consideration here.
1. Helping out; lessen the load. Lending a hand at home inside the house, garage, garden, yard or shed can be the most rewarding opportunity. It shows thought or consideration for the other person. If you don't really know what to do, then observe the other person and what they do in a day. Both your knowledge in chores or home handy tasks will increase.
2. Buy a small gift or pay them a compliment. It doesn't cost much. Flowers from the supermarket for $10, hand-made soap with spicy notes of clove for men or citrus peel for both; you could find out your partner's most liked fragrance or smell in soap while you're at it, a favourite magazine, scratch-it or lotto ticket. Hand written notes, text messages, e-mails or even a card in the mail, instead of the usual bill is exciting. All these suggestions are $10 and under, or free for praise.
3. Share a common interest or hobby. Find something you can both do; it will make your quality time together more enjoyable and hopefully allow you to laugh. Humour or comedy is good for the soul and lightens up people's feelings; so does exercise. It only takes one of you to have a crack at a new sport; like the tennis he enjoys playing. She might like collecting coins; take notice or add one to her set. Book a massage together. It's good for releasing any tension you have built up in your body. Do a crossword together.
4. Explore and enjoy a good book together, such as Grub Smith's 'Real Lover.' Why not discover a few of the interests your partner has sexually? Whether you have fun or not, you have nothing to lose. If it turns out the odds are not in your favour, at least it's a learning curve you can maybe study or simply move on from.
5. Take the time. Go out to dinner or organise a special evening at home. Even if you have young children and you got out once every 3 months; time for yourselves as a couple is uplifting and re-energising. On the flip side, a night at home doesn't have to be boring, but if you're tired, then stick to an early video and a favourite treat to go with it. Look up a comedian you like and buy one of their DVDs to sit and watch together. If one person always cooks, then give the other a break and try a new meal. The effort is all that matters if they've taken the time.
So, if none of these tickle your fancy, find your own. Becoming complacent, lazy, unappreciative, constantly critical or negative, always taking more than you give, not communicating and behaving only self-important is not helpful and can be detrimental to any relationship.
Basically unless you're in some purposeful sexual position, get your butt up, engage and make the effort. If this doesn't spice things up, then maybe a reassessment of your life is in order. Let the dust settle, then self-motivate or seek help together.
I had to giggle at this one. When I started reading, I hadnt observed if the writer was male or female and I listened to my thoughts on who or why they might have written it. Oddly I got 2 opposing thoughts. One was of a woman who was sending a message out and the other was of a male who thought that if you do these things this will bring about the desired wish.