If you have a trivia night coming up you're guaranteed to get stuck with a TV category. Want my advice? Check out this list and polish up on your TV tid bits so you can win the awesome toaster that burns your bread with a 'Jesus selfie' only to realise you have to share it six ways. Also, a special shout out to IMDB.
1) Dr. Cox's full name is Percival Ulysses, but he goes by Perry. 2) In the credits, the show's medical advisers include Dr. Jonathan Doris, Dr. Jon Turk and Dr. Dolly Klock, serving as the basis for the names of Zach Braff, Donald Faison and Heather Graham's characters. 3) Sacred Heart Hospital is named after the school which Christa Miller (wife of writer Bill Lawrence) attended.
FIREFLY 4) Every time Mal rides a horse, no matter what planet, it's always the same horse. His name is Fred. 5) Joss Whedon originally wrote the role of Mal Reynolds with Nicholas Brendon in mind. However, the shooting schedule conflicted with his commitment to Buffy the Vampire Slayer (1997).
HOMELAND 6) Carrie's name was originally intended to be Claire. It was changed to Carrie after Claire Danes accepted the role. 7) Barack Obama's favourite TV-show. He liked the series so much he ordered the DVD box set.
8) Morena Baccarin and Damian Lewis's characters are supposed to be the same age. In real life, Lewis is 8 years older than Baccarin.
9) The Headless Horseman is depicted as wearing the traditional "redcoat" uniform of the British Army. However, the Hessian mercenaries employed by Great Britain wore their own distinct uniforms. The most common were a green coat with red trim, or a blue jacket with gold trim.
10) The character Frank Irving's last name is a homage to Washington Irving, the author of the original story of Sleepy Hollow.
11) In the beginning of the show's first season, whenever Cordelia would answer the phone at Angel Investigations, she would say, "We help the hopeless." That line was later changed to "We help the helpless."
12) The address for Angel Investigations at the old hotel is: 1481 Hyperion Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90026. Phone (213) 555-0162. Fax (213) 555-0163.
13) Amanda Bynes was considered for the role of Jess that went to Zooey Deschanel.
14) In the first season, Zooey Deschanel (Jess) and Jake Johnson (Nick) were directed to have as little physical contact as possible. This is because their chemistry was thought to be too distracting.
15) Meghan Markle (Rachel Zane) and Abigail Spencer (Dana "Scottie" Scott) were both born on the same day: August 4, 1981.
16) In two of the episodes - Rewind (2.8) and Sucker Punch (2.7) – the character of Zoe Lawford is played by Jacinda Barrett, the real life wife of Gabriel Macht, who plays Harvey Specter.
THE WALKING DEAD
17) All of the principal actors have a "Last Supper" the day they film their death scenes.
18) In season three, the make up team used darker skin tones for the Walkers to show further decay as time has progressed.
19) The timeline of the second half of season four (eight episodes) takes place in eight days exactly.
20) The police station used in scene transitions is located on the corner of 6th and Bergen. It's a real police station in Brooklyn for the 78th Precinct.
21) Unusual for a comedy series, the cast went through police and firearms training.
THE BIG BANG THEORY
22) Most of the time Leonard has no glass in his glasses.
23) On January 3, 2013, it was announced that a team of Brazilian Biologists named a newly discovered type of orchid bee Euglossa bazinga. This is to honour the show and specifically Sheldon's catchphrase "bazinga".
24) The original working title of the show was "Lenny, Penny, and Kenny."
25) DiNozzo's wealthy father cut him off from his inheritance when he was 12 years old. Michael Weatherly's father cut him off from his inheritance when he decided to pursue acting.
26) During the opening credits there is a note about what NCIS represents and it reads: The Naval Criminal Investigative Service (NCIS) is a worldwide federal law enforcement organization whose mission is to protect and serve the Navy and Marine Corps and their families.
27) Nolan Gould, who plays "dumb" Luke Dunphy, has actually been a member of Mensa since he was four.
28) Britney Spears was reportedly offered a role in the middle of season three, but by the time producers heard from her people they had the rest of the season already planned.
THE VAMPIRE DIARIES
29) Playing siblings, Nina Dobrev is six months younger than Steven R. McQueen while her character is two years older than his character.
30) The pilot was shot in Vancouver but production of the series was moved to Georgia because of the state's tax credit incentives. Most of the filming takes place in Covington.