I'm based in Singapore with interests in classical music, art & culture related talks, art fairs, ceramics, walking tour, food, travel, photography, pet dogs, fashion, sustainability and urban farming. Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Photo source: 2am: dessert bar's Facebook page
In celebration of the 10 year anniversary of 2am: dessertbar, chef Janice Wong collaborates with bartenders Kamil Foltan and Suichi Ofuchi to create a magical 'six hands experience'. The event will take place at 2am: dessertbar in the heart of Singapore's favorite place, Holland Village, on October 11th, 2017.
1. Be Awed by Desserts Created by the Award-Winning Singapore Chef Janice Wong Janice Wong is the recipient of Asia's Best Pastry Chef Award (2013, 2014) and Pastry Chef of the Year from the World Gourmet Summit Awards (2011 2013, 2015). She has since expanded internationally by opening Janice Wong Dessert Bar in Shinjuku (Tokyo) and COBO House in Sai Wan (Hong Kong) and a dim sum restaurant in National Museum of Singapore.
Janice and her team will present Purple 2008 - purple sweet potato puree, blackberry parfait, lavender marshmallow, fruits of the forest sorbet, cassis sauce, Strawberry Sweet Milk 2011 -strawberry sweet milk mousse, pineapple jam, grapefruit marshmallow sherbet, coconut gel and jelly, sweet milk sauce and jelly, Twix 2007 -chocolate ice cream, burnt caramel mousse, peanut butter crumble, salted caramel sauce and chocolate sauce, and Cheese Avalanche 2010 - Biscotti, marinated figs, cantaloupe, cheese.
2. Sip Your Cocktail Mixed by Asia's Top Bartender Kamil Foltan The Czech is one of the world's top bartenders. Kamil's constant pursuit to redesign classic cocktails with his own innovative spin has led to an impressive bartending career across Europe and Asia. He worked under the mentorship of renowned mixologists such as Tony Conigliaro and Zdenek Kastanek and from there, he sharpened his knowledge and skills. Zetter Townhouse earned several awards during his time as its head bartender.
Kamil will present Herbs & Strawberries - green chartreuese, honey, calamansi, plantation 3 star rum and Jak & It - gin (london dry), sweet vermouth, jackfruit bitters.
3. Get Your Coffee-Infused Cocktail by Japan's Award-Winning Suichi Ofuchi The Japanese is the 2013 and 2015 Japan Coffee in Good Spirit Champion. He is now the Head Bartender of Janice Wong Dessert Bar in Tokyo.
Suichi presents Green garden - Hendricks Gin, muscat, Nitro basil and green tea espuma- and Trilogy - Macallan whisky, coconut water, specialty coffee, apricot purée, bergamot oil.
4. It's A Six-Hand Experience It's common to have a 'four hands experience' when two chefs are collaborating. It is rare to have 'six hands experience'; moreover, it is a collaboration of an award-winning chef famous for her desserts and two top bartenders!
5. It's Delicious Desserts from an Award-Wining Dessertbar 2am: dessertbar was one of Singapore's first modern dessert bars and remains one of the best and innovative in the industry.