No Nicholas Sparks adaptions or Nora Ephron movies
If you're the type of couple that can't be bothered getting dressed up, trudging to a crowded restaurant and ordering an overpriced meal then this list if for you. Spend the night in with a delicious home cooked meal and a bottle of your favourite wine and let this list provide the perfect entertainment.
1. 50 First Dates- A playboy meets the woman of his dreams only to learn she won't remember him the next day. Perhaps the best Sandler and Barrymore collaboration, this movie ticks all the boxes for the perfect rom com filled with laughs and cameos from all the usual suspects.
2. 16 Candles- A young girl's birthday is overshadowed by her sister's wedding but she soon learns that it's not all gloom when a cute boy catches her attention. Of all the great 80's movies this film will either take you back to your teen years or make you wish you were alive to witness the decade that gave us our fist glance into the rom com genre.
3. Pretty in Pink- A rich guy pursues a poor girl. Not much more to the story except to say it's another 80's movie that ignited the rom com genre.
4. The Princess Bride- Two lovers must overcome a pirate kidnapping, and deadly forest and tyrannical king to be together. A movie that proves love conquers all and even the coldest of hearts can be warmed by this tale.
5. Valentine's Day- Multiple stories intertwine as people try to find love on the most romantic day of the year. This film proves that love comes in all different shapes and sizes.
6. Wedding Singer- A poor singer helps a waitress plan her perfect wedding while he recovers from being left at the altar. The first of the Sandler and Barrymore collaborations, this film developed the formula that would bring more fun and laughs for years to come.
7. What Happens in Vegas- Two people meet and drunkenly marry each other the same night only to wake up, realise their mistake and have a judge order them to trial it for 30 days. A surprisingly fun film that teaches us to look beyond annoying habits and at the person that could bring us true happiness.
8. Just Married- Newlyweds must survive their disastrous honeymoon. Can love really defeat all the obstacles life throws at us?
9. Friends with Benefits- Two people try to have a nothing but sex relationship. Much like No Strings Attached, this film asks the question; can two people truly just be friends with benefits?
10. The Proposal- A woman blackmails her underling into marrying her so she can avoid deportation. An interesting scenario that leads to real love blossoming as the two are forced to spend a week at his parent's house.
11. Easy A- When a tiny lie is blown out of proportion, a girl takes on the title of high school harlot. A great film that mixes funny one liners with a good story line and proves there is more to someone than their reputation.
source credit: easya.wikia.com
12. P.S I Love You- After his death a man tries to help his wife move on by leaving her letters to ease her pain. Blending mystery, love and true Irish gentlemen this films shows that if you're willing to open your heart again, love can come from the most unexpected places.
13. Ladyhawke- A couple try to overcome the curse placed upon them by a jealous Bishop. If you're a fan of magic then this film is sure to take you back to the days of noble knights, drunken monks and true love.
14. Lady and the Tramp- Two dogs share a bowl of spaghetti and discover love is more powerful then what side of the tracks you come from. A great family film to watch if you're sharing this day with the kids.