Mum of two living in Brisbane and small business owner www.tamethemonkeys.com.au
Published May 7th 2017
I am definitely a lover of my weekend breakfasts. I think there is nothing quite like whiling away a Sunday morning with a constant stream of coffee, the morning newspaper and a fantastic selection of buffet breakfast offerings. So I've decided to do a bit of a buffet breakfast hunt in my hometown of Brisbane to find what I think are the top 5 buffet breakfasts in the city!
1. Next Hotel - Lennon's Restaurant. This buffet breakfast is my #1 at the moment. They have just come out with a new Winter Menu with a new buffet breakfast offering. Simply it's the cheapest of the top 5 at only $29.95 and has a huge choice of delicious and different offerings (including its fantastic DIY breakfast cereal offer (nuts & grains - you can make your own granola) and hot plates (that are freshly made to order so you are not eating bacon that has been sitting there for hours). Plus they even have this delicious Mediterranean section which includes bruschettas where you can choose your own toppings such as olives and sundried tomatoes. This is a first that I've seen this type of buffet breakfast anywhere!
2. Sofitel Brisbane is another favourite. Although heavier price wise ($49 buffet breakfast) it does offer gorgeous views of the city from its prime position on the upper side. The fact that they call it their 'interactive' breakfast experience says it all. Delicious and definitely recommend! A favourite is the waffles - who doesn't love waffles!
3. Stamford Plaza - The thing I love about hotel buffet breakfasts is the views. Stamford is no different with sweeping views across the Brisbane River and the iconic Story Bridge is a stunning setting in which to relax and enjoy a buffet. Again, not so on the cheap side ($42 full buffet breakfast price) but a really magnificent selection of goodies to choose from. That and the delicious aromatic coffee they serve, for me rates them at number 3.
4. This buffet breakfast is excellent value for money and if you are a family, a perfect option. Head out to Manly - and to the Manly Deck to find all you can eat buffet breakfast for only $14! Saturday and Sundays only and it offers all the fantastic usuals. Plus there is the great Manly Market on and you can have a wander down to the boats. A great morning out with the kids.
5. My final favourite buffet breaky has got to be Lamberts Restaurant. This place is located at Kangaroo Point (which has fabulous walkways for a post full belly wander) and offers a full buffet breakfast every day of the week. We loved the granola/yoghurt cups which were topped with passionfruit pulp (my fav!) - seriously, these pack a punch full of flavour. At $32, you are left with some change too.
Of course, everyone has their own favourite buffet breakfasts but I love to share a little bit of love with my own.
Please feel free to share yours in the comments! Would love to check out more!