Subscribe      List an Event or Business      Invite a Writer      Write for WN      Writers      Other Locations
Home > Perth > Comments > The Abandoned Ascot Water Park
Your Reply
Optional Image: (jpg or gif)
Your Email:

Security Image:
jdxnqf
Security Text:
copy text from image above
Highlighted
minimum score: order: subscribe:
I loved the Ascot Water Playground !!! I use to go their with my cousins and run around all day. Of course in the those days late 1980's/early 1990s kids could do what they liked there. For a gold coin donation and a bring your own drinks/lunch. What a cheap day out.

From memory once you went through the metal entrance gates and metal post that said gold coin donation - on the right were all the wooden play structures and climbing frames. Next to that was a big pool connected to a smaller pool via three " canal " like passages that had " gates" or shutters you had to move to progress through the canal, to one or other of the pools. On the left side of the water playground was a "small kids" pool. Next to that was a " kids only pool" which had the fastest water slides I had ever seen. My cousin and I use to race other kids down these two slides.

In the middle of Ascot water playground was a strange concrete structure that todays Occupational Health and Safety people would have a heart attack at. The only way I can describe would be as an " above ground bunker" type structure that had a permanent waterfall running through it. By this I mean kids could climb up a metal climbing frame through the middle up to the top level with water gushing down. Once you had climber up the climbing frame you could then run and slide down the slide into a smallish pool and start all over again.

The kiosk was towards the river end of the park. Down the very bottom at the water park, closet to the river was a pool that you could hire giant rubber tyres to float on. Also I remember a permanent stream that ran down one side of the park, that had mini waterfalls at each drop in ground level. What a place. SOMEONE BUILD A NEW ASCOT WATERPLAYGROUND. I would take my kids there when I get married and ever have any. Amy x
by drago (score: 0|2) 3075 days ago
by Wooki (score: 0), 256 days ago
Look at maylands waterlands now, so similar