Subscribe      List an Event or Business      Invite a Writer      Write for WN      Writers      Other Locations
Home > Sydney > Comments > When is it Acceptable to Send Food Back in Restaurants?
Your Reply
Optional Image: (jpg or gif)
Your Email:

Security Image:
manqob
Security Text:
copy text from image above
Highlighted
minimum score: order: subscribe:
When I go out for brunch, I always emphasise to the waiter that I like my eggs runny to the point of raw as I hate the taste of eggs when they are fully cooked. They always nod & tell me they will be runny. I can't tell you how many times they have come out in an "un-runny" state. I have usually eaten them anyway but not enjoyed a meal I was paying for, however I sent my last plate back after specifically saying I wanted runny & receiving near hard eggs. My return order came out exactly as I had originally asked because they paid more attention to my actual order after I had sent it back. I will always be doing this from now on as the waiter has told me they will be cooked to my liking so I should be able to expect to get what I asked for and enjoy the meal I am paying for.
by karen109 (score: 1|11) 4087 days ago
by Jane Utting (score: 1), 4085 days ago
We should get breakfast together sometime, as I like to order my eggs hard and they usually still come out hard! Or else I could hook you up with my ex who, like you, preferred his eggs so runny to the point of raw. This also applied to scrambled eggs. Is this enjoyment of this style of eggs "to the point of raw" quite a niche thing or are there lots of others out there who enjoy it?