We've had so many meals together with our dear friends. We ate McDonalds, laksa noodles, Kung Pao chicken, pizza and so on. And we wore All-Star shoes, flip-flops, jeans, t-shirts, dresses, etc. A change may bring a different way of having fun. Try organizing a formal dinner which involves an elegant restaurant, dresses and suits and fun. Below follows suggestive steps:
1) Make sure your friends are keen on this idea. You don't want a lot of work to be in vain.
2) Choose a fancy restaurant. It doesn't need to be a very expensive. As long as it is a place where it isn't weird if you walked in all dressed up (e.g. KFC). If you want to decide which restaurant to pick, it is good to have only a few options for them to pick from. The more options you have, the harder it is to have a consensus (this conclusion was based on first-hand experience).
3) Send invitations out. The easiest and more organized way to do this is through Facebook. Remember to tell your friends that this is a formal dinner, i.e. formal dress code.
4) After a fair number of people have RSVPed, call the restaurant to book a table. You don't want to go there and find out that there are no seats available for you guys.
5) Decide on a meeting point if you want to everyone to meet and go together to the restaurant (especially when many people are not familiar with the restaurant's location).
6) Don't forget to bring imporant items such as money, camera, keys and maybe a pair of comfortable shoes (for the ladies).
Another good idea is to decide whether you guys want to hang out after dinner. Do ask your friends what they think so you can pick a place to go. Or you can be spontaneous. Some suggestions of places to go:
1) Somewhere comfortable with a band or singer to just chill and have some drinks, e.g. bar.
2) Somewhere quieter and cozy, like a coffee shop.
(3) Somewhere outdoors, e.g. park (just be careful with where you go).
(4) Someone's house/flat. There you can do so many things: play board games, play music/sing, drink some beers, watch a movie, play Wii or just hang and chat.