I am a freelance writer and an avid reader with an adventurous spirit. If you enjoy this article please click on the Like button, Facebook it to your friends or subscribe to my articles. Happy reading!
Flybuys rewards program was introduced in 1994 and has invaded many a home and heart in the past years. If you have always felt bamboozled by the shiny grey or blue Flybuys card or stared with bewilderment at the Coles checkout chick when asked about flybuys, then read on to learn about the intricate details as well as the benefits of Flybuys.
To put it simply, Flybuys is a points reward system which enables you to acquire points every time you shop at certain outlets. These points can be redeemed for products, Flybuys dollars or fuel discounts.
1. How to earn Flybuys points
The Flybuys point system lacks complication and can be easily explained in the following manner: you can earn 1 point for every $1 spent at Coles, AGL, NAB, Target, Kmart, Choice Liquor, Liquorland, Best Western, Travelworld, Jetset Travel etc. Further, you can earn 1 point for every $2 spent at webjet.com.au and Coles Express and you can earn 2 points for every $1 spent at Coles Mastercard and Budget. You can also earn 3 points for every $1 spent on Telstra prepaid recharge at Coles, Coles Express, Target and Kmart.
Regular promotions are held where bonus points can be earned by following some easy steps. Usually customers are informed about these promotions via email notifications and are prompted to take advantage of these promotions by activating the offer. To give you some perspective, you may be offered $10 off if you spend $60 or more in one transaction or earn triple Flybuys points for every dollar spent on a given weekend. You can also gain more points by acquiring a Coles Comprehensive Car insurance policy or Coles Home Insurance Policy.
AGL offers special deals like 15,000 bonus Flybuys points for switching your gas and electricity accounts online to AGL. There are also bonus Flybuys points if you sign up for direct debit. Visit AGL website to learn more. Shop around and you will find more ways of scoring higher Flybuys points.
2. How to redeem Flybuys points Flybuys points can redeemed for a wide assortment of gifts. You can choose from cameras, dvds, iPods, kitchen utensils and appliances, toys, furniture, books, magazine subscriptions, movie vouchers, theatre tickets, wine, sporting goods, gift cards, fuel discounts, travel and holidays and flybuys dollars. Feel free to take a trip to the Flybuys rewards storehere.
You can easily redeem points and also view your balance by logging into the Flybuys website. Alternatively, you can choose to redeem your points for Flybuys dollars in your next shopping trip to Coles.
3. Do Flybuys points expire? In accordance with the Terms and Conditions of Flybuys, Flybuys points will expire if you have not registered with Flybuys within 3 months. Your points will also expire if you do not earn or redeem points for a period of 12 months. There is also a possibility that your Flybuys account will be terminated if not used for a prolonged period.
4. How to become a member Membership is free and is open to all Australian residents over the age of 18. Joining is easy and can be readily done by visiting the Flybuys website or procuring an application form from a Coles or any other partner outlet.
5. Should you get Flybuys? If you are considering jumping on the bandwagon and finally becoming a Flybuys member then you should evaluate certain factors like whether you regularly grace the red carpet of Coles or one of the partner outlets and whether you are willing to wait for the points to accumulate. If you are already a fan of Coles and the partner outlets then make most of your regular shopping by earning as many points as possible.
Find out more about this loyalty program by visiting Flybuys website or by calling Flybuys service centre on 13 11 16 Monday to Friday between 9 am and 7pm (AEST).
The occasional $10 off the shopping bill or getting some free movie tickets or receiving one of the myriads of free gifts through the Flybuys store never fails to cheer me up and bring a smile on my face.
As the author of this article, I wish to put forward a disclaimer that I am not a Coles employee. I am a Coles shopper who claims to know quite a bit about Flybuys. This article largely condenses information from the Coles official website as well as derives inspiration from my personal experience.
This article is an endeavour to make the extensive rules and regulations regarding Flybuys slightly easier to comprehend. This article does not promote shopping at Coles. And as mentioned above, please consider your circumstances including your shopping preferences before considering acquiring Flybuys membership. Happy reading and happy shopping!