I am a freelance writer and an avid reader with an adventurous spirit. If you enjoy this article please click on the Like button, Facebook it to your friends or subscribe to my articles. Happy reading!
1. Look around the house – Check under the bed or under the cushions on the couch. More likely than not you will find some loose change lying around. Have a look in the laundry and you may be able to locate some runaway coins. Why not go through the pockets of old jeans, shirts and bags and discover long-forgotten cash or coins. Clean your room or house and you may find hidden treasures in the form of coins or cash.
2. Sell old books – You may have a stash of old books still in perfect condition. Why not sell them and make some extra bucks? You could sell the books utilising websites like eBay and Gumtree. Alternatively you can visit a second hand bookshop and sell the books. You could also ask around and find purchasers for the books via word of mouth.
3. Get rid of your junk – Your junk can be someone's treasure. Check every nook and cranny of your house and you could find stuff that are no longer used or simply has been long forgotten. You could find someone willing to pay top bucks for all these unused stuff. You could use eBay or Gumtree, hold garage sale or use word of mouth to get rid of your junk. You would also be cleaning up the house and freeing up space for new possessions!
4. Check daily newspapers – You daily newspapers can have some useful coupons for cheap, discounted or free stuff. Browse your daily newspapers and all the accompanying free magazines and check out all the available opportunities. You could even participate in the competitions in the newspapers and mags and win awesome stuffs.
5. Grow a veggie patch – If you have a backyard then you could grow a veggie patch. Veggies like lemons, chilli and celery are quite easy to grow. A few extra hours per week contributed towards gardening could actually earn you some extra cash. Moreover, gardening is quite relaxing and rewarding. A healthy veggie patch can also beautify your backyard while supplying you with fresh veggies.