The list below features Top 10 Family Trips across Sydney with attractions, activities and plenty of fun for the whole entire family to enjoy and spend quality time together. The list is suited for all budgets:
1. Unlimited Ferry Rides, Train & Bus Rides- ($2.50pp on Sundays) This attraction is the ultimate perfect family day out without breaking the bank! You can ferry hop across Sydney Harbour to Cockatoo Island, Manly, Watsons Bay, Taronga Zoo, Balmain, Darling Harbour, Parramatta and other places. Visit the Blue Mountains by train and explore the natural gems for the day or catch a ferry from Cronulla to Bundeena and explore The Royal National Park or take the train for a day trip to Kiama as you enjoy the beaches and enjoy fish n chips on the marina. Click here for more information.
The options are endless and there is always something to see, do, explore and experience for the whole family. Make it a mission to explore something different every Sunday for $2.50pp unlimited travel with the Opal Card! Click here for the website.
Spend the day exploring the attractions at Darling Harbour with SEA Life Aquarium, Wildlife Sydney Zoo, Madam Tussauds Museum, The Australian Maritime Museum and King Pin Bowling which also features arcade games and Laser Skirmish. The little ones will love running wild at The Darling Quarter Kids Playground which features water activities, ropes, swings, flying foxes and enjoy a picnic at the Tumbalong Park which is right next to the Playground. Visit The Chinese Garden of Friendship]Chinese Garden of Friendship for some cultural experience or walk across the historic Pyrmont Bridge as the kids can enjoy watching the ferries go in/out of the harbour. There is plenty to do, see, experience and discover at Darling Harbour making it the perfect family day out. Click here for the website.
There are is shortage of family-friendly fun activities at Darling Harbour.
3. Exploring Sydney Harbour National Park This is an amazing way to explore a national park that is a stone throw's away from Sydney city. Many walks can be enjoyed with most suited for kids, beaches including water activities such as swimming, snorkelling, kayaking and more, lookouts, picnics and much more. Click here for the website.
There are plenty of family-friendly things to do, see and experience at Sydney Harbour National Park.
4. Museum Hopping Sydney city is packed with museums waiting to be visited with some including Museum of Contemporary Art Australia, Art Galley of NSW, Museum of Sydney, Australian Museum, Hyde Park Barracks, Powerhouse Museum- perfect for the little ones, Sydney Mint, Susannah Place Museum and much more. Some museums have an entry fee. Click here for the website.
Discover the many family-friendly Museums & Galleries.
5. Have Fun In The Sun Explore the beaches that surround Sydney with beaches including world-famous Bondi Beach, Manly Beach, at the northern side of Sydney Harbour at Mosman explore the picturesque Balmoral Beach, enjoy the tranquil beaches of Clovelly and Coogee and much more. Click here for the website.
There are many family-friendly beaches to explore.
6. Wildlife Experiences Visit Taronga Zoo and its many animal exhibits, interactive activities, the children's trail, experience animal encounters and much more. The Aquarium at Darling Harbour and Manly are both worth a visit with many exhibits, fun kids activities, interactive displays and activities and much more. The Wildlife Sydney Zoo is perfect for spotting Australian wildlife. Click here for the website.
The little ones will love the wildlife experiences and entertainment at the Zoos.
7. Exploring The Rocks & Circular Quay The iconic Opera House at Circular Quay is perfect to capture family photo opportunities, enjoy spotting out activities throughout the harbour and exploring the vicinity. Explore Cadmans Cottage, Susannah Place Museum, The Rocks Discovery Museum and the Museum of Contemporary Art Australia at The Rocks. The Pylon Lookout is certainly worth a visit as you experience the Sydney Harbour Bridge. There are 200 steps which might not be suitable for small children, however, there is 3 levels of exhibits on the way up where you can discover the history and construction of Sydney Harbour Bridge, giving the kids a very much needed break!
Circular Quay & The Rocks are both home to some of Sydney's famous icons.
8. Luna Park The ultimate family fun day out! Luna Park is free to enter and you just pay for the rides you want to take. There is also a ride-pass available. You will find plenty of entertainment for every member of the family with amusement rides, circus, carnival entertainment, games and much more. Click here for the website.
9. Stop To Smell The Roses
Have a day where you explore the parks and gardens across Sydney city. It is a great way for the whole family to enjoy nature, enjoy picnics and play games including spotting wildife. Royal Botanic Gardens includes many spectacular exhibits, tours and walks, The Choo Choo Express train and much more. Hyde Park is the perfect way to explore Hyde Park Barracks, visit St Mary's Cathedral, be entertained at the fountain or a family game of chess with the giant chess board, picnics under the trees and much more. Centennial Parklands is a stone throws away from Sydney CBD and features plenty of activities and attractions to enjoy, Paddington Reservoir Park is a must visit too. You can discover history and explore nature. Explore the Chinese Garden of Friendship at Darling Harbour for a piece of tranquillity.
From wide open lawns, floral gardens to tranquil gardens, there is a garden for all!
10. Island Hopping
Island hop to some of Sydney's islands. With stops at Cockatoo Island, Fort Denison, Shark Island, Clark Rodd and Goat Island. There is plenty to see and do on each island and each offering a piece of Sydney's history. It is a fun family day out to see a different perspective of Sydney by ferry or harbour cruise! Click here for my article and click here for the website.