Subscribe      List an Event or Business      Invite a Writer      Write for WN      Writers      Other Locations
Home > Adelaide > Comments > Eastwood Lodge Nurse's Home at Glenside Hospital
Your Reply
Optional Image: (jpg or gif)
Your Email:

Security Image:
lscpoe
Security Text:
copy text from image above
Highlighted
minimum score: order: subscribe:
Thanks for your feedback, and your kind comment.

I do fear that you have missed the point of the article though - this building is shortly to be demolished.

The reason I wrote the article is to express my great sadness about that decision, and to look at the reasons why it is to go.

Everything in the article is factual, and I have avoided making any party political comments. But I cannot condone an elected official taking an extraordinary decision.

It was common in the 60's (or in the Eastern bloc) for a nanny state to be acceptable, and for government officials to make decisions without public scrutiny. But I thought we had left that age long ago.

And Health over-spending is a fact. Even the government is concerned about it. Why shouldn't I?

I hope I can continue to entertain you. But I feel I would not be true to myself if I ignored issues that are highly relevant to what I have written.

It's not as if my views are unusual - even bodies such as the State Ombudsman and the National Trust have expressed disquiet about some of the things I touched on.
by Dave Walsh (score: 4|11309) 3809 days ago