Owns 'FoodLit'. Highly qualified, established food & lifestyle writer, former restaurateur, founder professional writing business, Articul8. Long, diverse writing history, passion for food culture, the land & inspired food language.www.foodlit.com.au
Published October 22nd 2010
Most of us love catching up with good friends over coffee or, better still, over lunch or dinner. Well, why not go to a little extra effort and arrange a full, fabulous day together dipping into a Day Spa?
You not only get to take a glorious, day-long break from your everyday responsibilities, you also spend some very healing quality time with your best mates amidst bubbles, steam and plenty of pampering and laughter - perfect for easing into a long, cold winter!
Here are some ideas to make the most of a day at a Day Spa with your friends:
1) Select a Day Spa of interest that's quick and easy to get to. The easier the better. Who needs stress! A simple Google search of "Day Spa" along with your particular area is a good start. You could also try DaySpaGuide.com.au which has an extensive listing of day spas, and spa resorts.
2) Choose a Day Spa with some shared facilities, like a large spa, a pool, or reasonably-sized relaxation lounges so you have places to be together between treatments.
3) Check if the Day Spa has special offers or areas for small groups.
4) Organising a group of people can be tricky sometimes, especially if they're busy. Maybe pick three or four days that work for you, put them to your friends, get them to pick their top two preferences, and go from there. It'll save a whole bunch of phone calls and chopping and changing of dates in the long run.
5) Some Day Spas offer day-long passes so you can pop in and out and use the facilities at your leisure. This means you can go out for lunch (though some spas do good food!), or maybe a spot of shopping. Decide on a schedule and have your friends book their desired treatments to fit in around it.
6) Treat yourself to a massage. Once you start melting away beneath those professional fingers, you'll wonder why you left it so long since the last one! There are many different types of massages, and you can ask the staff's advice on what might suit your needs best.
7) Be sure to drink lots of water to help release nasty toxins from your body, and have yourself a deliciously good day!