Aspiring writer (particularly in film & music). Pop culture enthusiast.
Published October 9th 2011
Christmas will be here before you know it. Every family has different traditions when it comes to this festive holiday season. Personally I like to watch my favourite Christmas movies a week before the big day leaving my favourites to Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.
There's a wide variety of Christmas movies, ranging from family films, to kids films, to action films and comedy films. I've decided to make a list of the romantic Christmas films to get you in the spirit. Here's my top 10 in no particular order:
1. While You Were Sleeping (1995) "I've had a really lousy Christmas, you've just managed to kill my New Years, if you come back on Easter you can burn down my apartment."
Thursday, 16th of January @ 05:30pm - $35 - 4 places left
2. The Holiday (2006) "You're supposed to be the leading lady in your own life, for God's sake!"
3. The Family Man (2000) "Don't screw up the best thing in your life just because you're a little unsure about who you are."
4. Meet Me In St. Louis (1944) "Meeting him across the lawn for the first time would be so ordinary. I don't want to be just introduced to him. I want it to be something strange and romantic and something I'll always remember."
7. White Christmas (1954) "I want you to get married. I want you to have nine children. And if you only spend five minutes a day with each kid, that's forty-five minutes, and I'd at least have time to go out and get a massage or something."
9. Bridget Jones's Diary (2001) "I realize that when I met you at the turkey curry buffet, I was unforgivably rude, and wearing a reindeer jumper."
10. It's A Wonderful Life (1946) "What is it you want, Mary? What do you want? You want the moon? Just say the word and I'll throw a lasso around it and pull it down. Hey. That's a pretty good idea. I'll give you the moon, Mary."
Grab your partner, warm cookies and a cold glass of milk or a hot chocolate and watch a Christmas movie that will be sure to enlighten your mood.