These muffins are "gourmet" was the response of the lady as she tasted a Banana and Pistachio Nut muffin for the first time. I personally enjoyed these muffins straight from the oven and not only did they taste good, but I found out they are packed with nutrients that benefit our health as well.
Bananas and pistachio nuts contain vitamin B6, vitamin C, manganese, potassium and are also a good source of fibre. Why not try these muffins as a snack or pop them into your kid's lunch box for a different treat. If you would like more nutritional information about these food groups please visit the following websites: Banana, Pistachio Nuts
Preparation time 10 minutes makes 6 muffins)
1 large banana or 1 1/2 small bananas mashed 1/8 cup of Sunbeam pistachio nuts crushed 1/2 cup of wholemeal self raising flour 1/4 cup of milk 1/8 cup of raw sugar
25 gram of melted butter
1 tablespoon of Capilano Honey
1. Preheat oven to 160c degrees.
2. Grease a muffin tray (If you desire to make 12 muffins just double the recipe).
3. Mix in a bowl the flour, milk, sugar, butter and egg until just combined.
4. Mash 3/4 of the banana and slice the rest into thin slices, keeping approximately 2 slices of banana for the top of each muffin.
9. Drip a little bit of honey over each muffin top with a spoon or if you have a Capilano squeeze honey bottle (this is preferred) squeeze directly from the bottle. The honey compliments the wholemeal flour by giving it a golden brown look and adds a little sweet taste when you bite into the top of the muffin.
Sunbeam Pistachio Nuts and Capilano Honey can be purchased at your local supermarket or you can visit the following websites for more information about these products: Sunbeam Pistachio Nuts, Capilano Honey