Subscribe      List an Event or Business      Invite a Writer      Write for WN      Writers      Other Locations
Home > Adelaide > Comments > Art of the Brick Lego Exhibition @ Adelaide Showground
Your Reply
Optional Image: (jpg or gif)
Your Email:

Security Image:
ggkpaj
Security Text:
copy text from image above
Highlighted
minimum score: order: subscribe:
I concur with the previous posters that the exhibition was overpriced. I also felt the venue was completely inappropriate. Being put in a small corner of a huge pavillion made it feel less impressive than it was. What I found somewhat jarring is the fact that the organisers of the exhibition didn't know if it was trying to be high art or something to take the kids to. The 'Play & Build' workshops was quite fun, but - again - overpriced.

Whilst I appreciate Nathan Sawaya's art for what it is, I don't think the way this particular exhibition was set up and marketed did anyone any favours. I miss the purity and innocence of the old style Lego Exhibitions that Myer and John Martins used to host in the 1980s.

In closing, you'd be better off buying your kids $50 worth of Lego from a toy shop than you would taking them to this exhibition. Far better value for money.
by tone7 (score: 1|55) 4031 days ago