I'm based in Singapore with interests in classical music, art & culture related talks, art fairs, ceramics, walking tour, food, travel, photography, pet dogs, fashion, sustainability and urban farming. Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Established in 1999, the Affordable Art Fair (AAF) was founded in London by Will Ramsay. He aims to provide everyone an access to contemporary art. One needs not to be an art expert or a millionaire in order to enjoy and own an artwork. Since then the brand becomes a leading showcase for contemporary art, with 15 fairs taking place in 10 countries.
Ten Reasons Why You Should Visit AAF:
1. AAF is a regular in Singapore's art scenes since 2010 The art fairs are held twice a year since 2014 with the introduction of its Spring edition. It was the first to be launched in Asia.
Lee Ban Lu Gallery Singapore. Julie Hendriks, Light Grey Flowers, 2016. Oil on Canvas 80 X 60 cm $3,500
2. This is a unique art fair that lives up to its name!
It's affordable for everyone to own a piece of art. Everything is priced between $100 to $15,000. About 75% of artworks are under $7,500.
Gamo Gallery. Hwang Seon-Tae, Still Life, 2016. Tempered glass with sandblast LED 53 X 71 X 4.5cm $8,000
3. Visitors could find many artworks under one roof Expect to see many original paintings, digital arts, drawings, sculptures, prints, photography prints, and even contemporary calligraphy.
Marine House at Beer, Jim Farrant, Exmouth Light, 2015. Oil 63 X 68 cm $8,750
4. Get to see the works of young emerging artists as well as established artists Expect many local and overseas galleries showing artworks created by various artists from Asia, Australia, Europe and America. The list of participating galleries could be found here.
Kato Art Duo Zestro Leow Wen Jin. Blue, 2014 Ceramic Stoneware 12 X 10 X 22 cm Edition No. 3 $1,000
5. Catch Young Talent Programme winners This significant platform for young artists below 35 years old who were born or residents in South East Asia to have opportunities to showcase their works to galleries and art institutions, and to the public is a collaboration between AAF and ION Art.
Chiang Lup Hong (Malaysia) - one of Young Talent Programme 2016 Winners
6. Look out for Under $1,000 Wall and Under $1,000 stickers These initiatives allow visitors to easily spot a piece of art they are interested in. It's suitable for first-time collectors. With a wide selection of works from a number of exhibiting galleries, these wallet friendly artworks priced under $1,000 (inclusive of GST) are snapped up fast!
Tembusu Art Gallery. Roy Tyson. Urban Adventure, 2016 Photography Print Edition 10 of 50 25 x 37cm $550
7. Buyers could join the Affordable Art Fair's Collectors Club for free Come along and join the club to keep yourself updated on the local art scene and be the first to preview the fair.
8. AAF supports a local charity Affordable Art Fair global aims to support art therapy across the world. For every ticket sold, AAF Singapore will donate $1 to the Woodbridge Hospital Charity Fund. Get your ticket now.
Turner Barnes Gallery, Andrew Millar, Butterfly Collector, 2016, 24ct gold leaf collage Polaroid Edition of 50, 30 X 40 cm, $200
9. Enjoy an array of activities for free
In association with Harper's BAZAAR Singapore, Arty Licious will be filled with artists' performances, art talks, live painting sessions, free Harper's anniversary goodies, and coffee cocktails. Don't miss the Harper's BAZAAR Singapore Art Prize Retrospective which will be an exclusive showcase of new and emerging talents.
Adults could join any of the art talks and workshops conducted at The Art Education Space for free. Children's Art Studio lets children harness their inner creativity while their parents could browse artworks at participating galleries. It's suitable for kids aged 4 and above.
10. Consult the framing experts on the spot and enjoy discounted rates
If you need advice on how to display your purchase perfectly, approach The Frame Society at their booths for assistance.
In between of viewing you could take a break by sipping a cup of freshly brewed coffee and have a chat with your companion at Common Man Coffee Roasters. Food & beverage are available for purchase at Bistro 1855 and Peroni Bar.