I am a writer living in Adelaide. I love food and travel.
Published July 5th 2017
Keeping you and your family active over winter
Winter is truly here but that doesn't mean it's time to just hibernate at home. Keeping active is important and here are some of the best free 2017 July school holiday activities around Adelaide to get you and your family out of the house.
1. At Munno Para Shopping City, your kids can make recycled paper with KESAB and paint pot plants and make grass heads with Splodge Craft.
2. At Henley Square Pavilion, local personality Bree May will be hosting multiple cooking classes for the kids. You can also be inspired with cooking demonstrations using fresh local produce.
3. At Elizabeth City Centre, Peppa Pig will be performing live on stage. Your kids can also meet and greet her in between shows.
(image from Elizabeth City Centre)
4. At Westfield Tea Tree Plaza, your kids can learn the art of pasta making and participate in a cookie decorating workshop as well as meet and greet Iron Man.
(image from Westfield Tea Tree Plaza)
5. At Westfield West Lakes, your kids can get their hair braided by Excel Hair & Beauty, test their football skills with the Woodville West Torrens Football Club and meet and greet Jerry & Dave from Despicable Me 3.
(image from Westfield West Lakes)
6. At Adelaide Central Market, there will be a cooking demonstration from recipes in the book Sweet Petite written by Poh Ling Yeow.