2. Tim Tams - I have always carried boxes and boxes of Tim Tams each time I visit a friend/family outside Australia. It is arguably the most popular biscuit brand from Arnotts. The best advice I have got is to bite off opposite edges of a Tim Tam and use the hole it creates as a straw to drink warm milk or hot chocolate. The biscuit just melts. Yum!
3. Lamingtons - A yummy sponge cake covered with a layer of chocolate and coconut. Surely something uniquely Australian
4. Kangaroo leather /skin - The icon of Australia is also famous for the purses made of it's leather. They are quite expensive but surely worth owning one. Another popular gift is the kangaroo skins that can be used as a rug or to hang on the wall.
7. Oroton - If you are looking for Australian designer bags, then look no further than Oroton. They are expensive, but of extremely good quality and amazing styles
8. Truffle honey - From the Australian truffle industry , truffle infused olive oil, truffle infused honey are products useful to the gourmet chef. Truffle honey is delicious with Parmesan or Pecorino or other sheep's milk cheeses
9. Wallabies jersey - Australians love sport and Rugby is a very popular sport. What better than the favourite team's jerseys
10. Kookaburra cricket ball - For cricket lovers, Kookaburra cricket ball is a great gift. Kookaburra Sport the largest producer of cricket balls in the world and their cricket balls have been used since 1946.
So next time you travel overseas, be sure to pick some uniquely Australian gifts.